- Adler, Mortimer. Aristotle's Ethics - Book I: The Theory of Happiness. Encyclopaedia Britannica Films, 1962.
- Adler, Mortimer J. “Happiness and Contentment.” Ten Philosophical Mistakes, Touchstone, 1985.
- Aristotle. “Nicomachean Ethics.” The Internet Classics Archive, translated by W. D. Ross, classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/nicomachaen.1.i.html.
- Katz, Josh. “Drug Deaths in America Are Rising Faster Than Ever.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 5 June 2017, www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/05/upshot/opioid-epidemic-drug-overdose-deaths-are-rising-faster-than-ever.html.
- Rothman, Lily. “American Happiness Index 2016: Exclusive Data on Mood in USA.” Time, Time, 1 July 2016, time.com/4389726/harris-poll-happiness-index-2016/.
- Townsend, John. “Leadership Beyond Reason: How Great Leaders Succeed by Harnessing the Power of Their Values, Feelings, and Intuition.” Leadership Beyond Reason: How Great Leaders Succeed by Harnessing the Power of Their Values, Feelings, and Intuition, Harper Collins, 2011, p. 87.
- Warren, Kay. Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn't Enough. Revell, 2013.
In this episode, we discuss what it really means to experience happiness. We look to philosophy and theology and ask: Is happiness just mere pleasure or good feeling? Or is there a deeper explanation of what it means to find lasting satisfaction and fulfillment?
About the Podcast
Tres hosts a monthly podcast called Ask a Christian Counselor, which covers various emotional-spiritual topics. If you have a question you would like him to answer on the show, click the tab on the right of the screen. You can listen to each episode on this page or subscribe through iTunes: